Pages

Friday, June 28

Growing Tomatoes

Hey everybody, I have good news and sad news. Let's go with the sad news first, shall we? The sad news is that the parsley plant has wilted and is no longer (boo!). The good news is that it has now turned into a new pot of tomatoes and the lemon mint plant is still alive (hooray!).

I have been eating a lot of salads, trying to be more aware of what I am feeding my body and learning more about sustainability and being more responsible with foods

Last week, I took some seeds from a little red plump tomato that was in my salad, dried them, then put four of the little seeds in a wet cotton pad and left them alone in a drawer. I didn't do anything special aside from making sure the cotton pad was kept damp. One week later, they started sprouting! So this week, I transferred those four delicate sprouts and planted them in a pot on the balcony. And they have been growing daily and now leaves are coming out. They grow so fast! I have been rotating the pot daily because they lean in the direction of the sun, so this way, I am hoping they will grow straight (somewhat).

Here are a couple of photos from this morning:

One week old and sprouting
Lemon mint still alive and kicking!

No comments:

Post a Comment