One of the things I miss about the U.S. is definitely the holiday season. Thanksgiving Day is not celebrated here in Hong Kong, so I decided to host a Thanksgiving Potluck Dinner at the house to celebrate with some good friends and delicious food. I made my number one favorite - mac & cheese, and tried a new recipe of sweet potatoes casserole.
This is one of my favorite recipes and it's become a staple in my kitchen repertoire.
I cannot get enough of the crispy top after baking in the oven.
Sweet potato casserole à la Martha Stewart
This was my first time making sweet potato casserole. Unfortunately, it was not a success. A friend liked it but the rest were not crazy about it as we had lots of leftover! The sweet potatoes used were the purple ones and I wonder if that made a difference in taste? And some non-American friends were just confused about the marshmallow topping and they thought it was supposed to be a dessert! I shall brave making this dish again after some time and see if I can make it work.
A friend made pasta with pumpkin, which was delicious.
Jamie (above) and Chloe (below) are ready to be tucked in after an evening of entertaining the guests.





No comments:
Post a Comment